Toffee Bar Blondies. Back in the day, almost a decade now, (gulp) I was a Starbucks Barista making all sorts of concoctions. One of the treats we sold at the time was a Toffee Almond Bar. Chewy and just enough sweet. This recipe is pretty close, no almonds in the recipe though I do not recall that the real version had them either.
Enjoy with a cup of herbal tea or serve these warm with ice cream or real whipped cream. Yum!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped chocolate covered english toffee bar or Heath Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch square baking pan (I use the butter wrappers).
- Combine the floour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid).
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture slowly and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and English Toffee pieces or bits.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until a tester from the center comes out clean, approx. 35 min.
- Makes 9 good sized blondies.