Soups on! It may not feel like Fall in Las Vegas but I can pretend! This recipe is quick and frugal and tastes like it took a lot more work than it did!
- 1/2lb Great Northern Beans
- 1 Package of “real” Bacon Bits* or about 6 slices of bacon chopped into pieces
- ½ tsp of Onion Powder
- ½ tsp of Chicken Flavored Bouillon
- ½ package of Frozen Carrot Slices
- 2 stalks of Celery chopped
- 4 cups Water
- *You want the bacon bits that are soft, not the freeze dried kind.
- Pour beans in a large bowl and cover with water to soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add beans to the slow cooker along with remaining ingredients above.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and set the slow cooker on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Watch throughout the day to make sure the liquid level does not get too low.
- Makes about six cups of soup
This is really good served with cornbread or cheddar biscuits, etc.
Perfect for a chilly Fall evening!
For more easy meal ideas check out my weekly menu plan posts here.